One of your unique roles as a leader is to keep an eye on whether the group is helping each of its members grow in their relationships with Jesus. But how do you do that? A great practical way to gauge the health of your group is to regularly ask: How are we growing in the Three Vital Relationships?
Intimacy with God
- Where is God currently stretching me?
- Are my daily actions becoming more aligned with the priorities of Scripture?
- Are my times with God consistent?
Community with Insiders
- Am I openly sharing with others what is really going on in my life?
- As difficult circumstances arise, how are group members responding to one another?
- Are we willing to challenge one another in order to pursue God's best for our lives?
Influence with Outsiders
- Who am I regularly praying for who doesn't know Christ?
- What am I doing to connect with someone in my circle of influence who doesn't know Christ?
- Does my group challenge and encourage me to invest in someone who doesn't know Christ?