9 to 12 Month Women's Groups
The following studies (displayed by topic) are suggested for a 9-12 month Women's Community Groups. You'll find tips and suggestions for leading your 9-12 month group following the curriculum suggestions.
Growth: Training vs. Trying
Recommend resources by category
FIRST 4 WEEKS
Who I am/Identity
- Restless: Because You Were Made for More by Jennie Allen (8 Sessions)
- Comparison Trap by Andy & Sandra Stanley (4 Sessions)
- Forgotten God by Francis Chan (7 Sessions)
- Growth: Training vs. Trying Growth by John Ortberg, Laurie Pederson & Judson Poling (7 Sessions)
- Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer
- What Makes You Happy by Andy Stanley (6 Sessions)
- Guardrails by Andy Stanley (6 Sessions)
- The Best Yes by Lysa Terkeurst (6 Sessions)
- No Other Gods by Kelly Minter
Relationships and Marriage
- The New Rules for Love, Sex, and Dating by Andy Stanley (4 Sessions)
- iMarriage by Andy Stanley (6 Sessions)
Books of the Bible
- Seamless: Understanding the Bible as One Complete Story by Angie Smith (7 Sessions)
- James (SOURCE Bible Study) (5 Sessions)
- Ruth & Esther (SOURCE Bible Study) (5 Sessions)
- 1, 2, 3 John: What Love Is by Kelly Minter (6 Sessions)
- Luke (New Community Bible Series) (6 Sessions)
- Philippians (New Community Bible Series) (6 Sessions)
- Ephesians (John Stott Bible Studies) (12 Chapters in 6 Sessions)
Sharing Your Faith
- Go Fish by Andy Stanley (6 Sessions)
- Prepared Andy Stanley (3 Sessions)
- Just Walk Across the Room by Bill Hybels (4 Sessions)
In between studies? Select one of our one-week studies as a way to engage with your group on important topics like giving, serving, and investing in those who don’t know Christ as well as to understand each other’s personalities, spiritual gifts, or spiritual pathways.
ANIMATED SUMMARIES of BIBLE BOOKS
The Bible Project
The following leadership suggestions will help you in leading your 9-12 month group.
- Start your time together with Community: Starting Well in Your Small Group.
- Use the Leader Guide to help facilitate great meetings.
- Using the Sharing Stories Resource will help you get to know one another.
Begin with the end in mind.
- As a group you’ll only get about 26 weeks together (13 if you meet every other week)
- This will allow you to do 4-5 studies per year.
- Be thinking early about who you can invite into leadership. You might invite them to lead a discussion or series, plan a social or an ice breaker.
- Shorter studies are better (6 weeks or less).
- Do a “felt need” early on (related to how to be/have a better ______), and then spiritual/boundaries/growth.
- Try a book or study of the Bible (at least) once during the year together
- Pick two studies back-to-back, to flow right from one to the other
- Consider: “Now that I’ve heard their stories, what do I want them to know?”
- Ask group for input: “I’d like to learn more says about ______.”
Budget your group’s time
- Take the last week of the month off
- Encourage people to connect outside of group during that week
- Try to serve once a semester together
- Plan on meeting about 12 weeks per semester together