Everything you need to know about
Before the launch
To give new group members a great first impression, we’re encouraging you to reach out to them twice before Group Launch. We’ll send you a roster on Thursday, August 9, and again a week before Group Launch. You can copy, paste, and personalize the email templates below. We hope this digital introduction will help people feel known before they arrive and missed if they don’t show up.
If you don’t hear back from someone on your roster, you can let us know any time.
- First Welcome Email – Thursday, August 9. If your group is full already, email the entire group from your roster using this email template. If your group isn't full quite yet, email each person individually (you can use the same email template).
- Second Welcome Email – Sunday, August 12–Thursday, August 16. Start an email conversation with the group a few days before Group Launch using this second email template.
If your group isn’t full, we’ll send you updated group rosters on August 7, 9, 14, and 16.
NOTE: We’ll send a logistics email to all registered attendees a few days before Group Launch.
at the launch
At Group Launch we will help you create a environment where it’s fun and easy for your group to get going. When your group members check-in, they’ll be given a name tag and table number so they can find you.
We’ll help your group experience a typical group meeting in three phases:
- Connect: We’ll serve appetizers and provide fun ice-breakers for easy social informal social connection.
- Learn: We’ll share a vision for groups and a video from Andy Stanley.
- Grow: You’ll sit in a circle with your group and discuss pages 10-12 in the Circle Up study guide.
We’ll provide every group member with a copy of the Circle Up study guide. Leaders will receive a copy of this study guide when they check-in. Download this PDF of pages 10-12, the section you’ll be discussing together.
Of course, we’ll have a Questions table staffed with helpful volunteers in case you or your group members need anything.
What to expect when you arrive.
- Park in the parking deck underneath the church. If you’ve never parked there before, check out this video.
- Leaders check-in at 7:00 p.m. We will have a tight turnaround, so please arrive on time.
- Take the elevator to the 3rd floor. We will have signs pointing you in the right direction.
- Once you arrive, we’ll give you your group roster to double-check. We’ll ask you which groups members have indicated they can’t attend so we can reserve their spot in the group.
- You'll also get a name tag and your copy of the Circle Up study guide.
- From there we'll take you to the auditorium where we’ll walk you through our plan for the evening.
What should I wear?
Wear something that’s comfortable for you. We won’t have t-shirts for leaders or staff. We will provide you with a name tag that indicates you are a leader.
After the launch
but wait, there's more!
Don't forget there are upcoming Leader Development opportunities! Visit our Leader Development page to see all the dates.