Everything you need to know about
Before the launch
To give new group members a great first impression, we’re encouraging you to reach out to them twice before Group Launch. We’ll send you a roster on Thursday, August 9, and again a week before Group Launch. You can copy, paste, and personalize the email templates below. We hope this digital introduction will help people feel known before they arrive and missed if they don’t show up.
If you don’t hear back from someone on your roster, you can let us know any time.
- First Welcome Email – Thursday, August 9. If your group is full already, email the entire group from your roster using this email template. If your group isn't full quite yet, email each person individually (you can use the same email template).
- Second Welcome Email – Sunday, August 12–Thursday, August 16. Start an email conversation with the group a few days before Group Launch using this second email template.
If your group isn’t full, we’ll send you updated group rosters on August 7, 9, 14, and 16.
NOTE: We’ll send a logistics email to all registered attendees a few days before Group Launch.
at the launch
At the group launch gathering, we will help you create an environment where it’s fun and easy for your group to get going. When your group members check in, they’ll receive name tags and your table number so they can find you.
We’ll help your group experience a typical group meeting in three phases:
- Connect: We’ll serve appetizers and provide fun icebreakers for easy, informal social connection.
- Learn: We’ll share a vision for groups and a video from Andy Stanley.
- Grow: You’ll sit in a circle with your group and discuss pages 10-12 in the Circle Up study guide.
We’ll provide every group member with a copy of Circle Up. Leaders will receive one when they check in. Download this PDF of pages 10-12, the section you’ll be discussing together.
Of course, we’ll have a Questions Table staffed with helpful volunteers in case you or your group members need anything.
when you arrive
Leaders check-in at 7:00 p.m. Please arrive on time.
- Park in the parking deck underneath the church. If you’ve never parked there before, check out this video.
- Take the elevator to the 3rd floor. Signs will point you in the right direction.
- You’ll receive and double-check your group roster. We’ll ask you which members indicated they could not attend, and we’ll reserve their spots in the group.
- We’ll give you a name tag and your copy of the Circle Up study guide.
- We’ll take you to the Auditorium, where we’ll walk you through our plan for the evening.
What should I wear?
Wear something that’s comfortable for you. We won’t have T-shirts for leaders or staff, but we will provide you with a name tag that indicates you’re a leader.
After the launch
but wait, there's more!
Don't forget there are upcoming Leader Development opportunities! Visit our Leader Development page to see all the dates.