9 to 12 Month Just Grad Groups
The following studies (displayed by topic) are suggested for a 9-12 month Just Grad Community Groups. You'll find tips and suggestions for leading your 9-12 month group following the curriculum suggestions.
Growth: Training vs. Trying
Recommend resources by category
FIRST 4 WEEKS
Purpose / Identity
- Principle of the Path by Andy Stanley (10 Chapters in 5 Sessions)
- You're Already Amazing by Holley Gerth (11 Chapters in 5-6 Sessions)
- Game Plan by Andy Stanley & Jeff Henderson (6 Sessions)
- Restless: Because You Were Made for More by Jennie Allen (8 Sessions)
- The Me I Want to Be by John Ortberg (5 Sessions)
- Just Grad Financial Curriculum (3 Sessions)
Spiritual Growth & Practices
- Seamless: Understanding the Bible as One Complete Story by Angie Smith (7 Sessions)
- The Life You’ve Always Wanted: Spiritual Disciplines for Ordinary People by John Ortberg (6 Sessions)
- Five Things God Uses To Grow Your Faith by Andy Stanley (6 Sessions)
- Growth: Training vs. Trying by John Ortberg, Laurie Pederson & Judson Poling (7 Sessions)
- Breathing Room by Andy Stanley (4 Sessions)
- What Makes You Happy by Andy Stanley (6 Sessions)
- Guardrails by Andy Stanley (6 Sessions)
Relationships & Marriage
- The New Rules for Love, Sex, and Dating by Andy Stanley (4 Sessions)
- The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller (6 Sessions - select chapters)
Books of the Bible
These free PDF resources developed by North Point Ministries will help you facilitate practical, topic-based discussions about the Bible in your group.
- SOURCE: Abraham (6 Sessions)
- SOURCE: Galatians (6 Sessions)
- SOURCE: James (5 Sessions)
- SOURCE: Jonah & Nahum (6 Sessions)
- SOURCE: Mission (Acts 13–28) (6 Sessions)
- SOURCE: Ruth & Esther (5 Sessions)
In between studies? Select one of our one-week studies as a way to engage with your group on important topics like giving, serving, and investing in those who don’t know Christ as well as to understand each other’s personalities, spiritual gifts, or spiritual pathways.
ANIMATED SUMMARIES of BIBLE BOOKS
The Bible Project
The following leadership suggestions will help you in leading your 9-12 month group.
- Start your time together with Community: Starting Well in Your Small Group.
- Use the Leader Guide to help facilitate great meetings.
- Using the Sharing Stories Resource will help you get to know one another.
Begin with the end in mind.
- As a group you’ll only get about 26 weeks together (13 if you meet every other week)
- This will allow you to do 4-5 studies per year.
- Be thinking early about who you can invite into leadership. You might invite them to lead a discussion or series, plan a social or an ice breaker.
- Shorter studies are better (6 weeks or less).
- Do a “felt need” early on (related to how to be/have a better ______), and then spiritual/boundaries/growth.
- Try a book or study of the Bible (at least) once during the year together
- Pick two studies back-to-back, to flow right from one to the other
- Consider: “Now that I’ve heard their stories, what do I want them to know?”
- Ask group for input: “I’d like to learn more says about ______.”
Budget your group’s time
- Take the last week of the month off
- Encourage people to connect outside of group during that week
- Try to serve once a semester together
- Plan on meeting about 12 weeks per semester together